19.4.14

CURRENT LUSTING: 04.19.2014















Clean. Minimalism. Concepts that are not exactly under-represented, and probably overly talked about, but nonetheless exactly what I love. I've come to realize I feel much more put together in an outfit that took, in fact, almost no time to put together. There is something so wonderful about clean lines and streamlined cuts that accentuate the body in a modern and subtle way. For the longest time I was anti-menswear, but let's face it, up until recent years the menswear section wasn't exactly the most developed. Now, the minimalist "trend" actually stems from menswear inspired pieces and I find myself seeing so much of it in my closet now. It's good to embrace the things you don't like ... once they become appealing to you. Haha.

There are so many sublime images in this set and they give you a look into what my mind is currently stimulated by. I really can't get over the last image and its chic, sophisticated homage to the hospital scrub. As I am getting ready to move to New York in T-minus 4 months, I am looking into all the different ways I want to design the interior of my apartment, so you'll see some probably intangible, but no less wonderful to look at, images for inspiration. I hope my roommate will be okay with the interior work being my job. 

Had to throw Lorde in here as well. She is just everything right now. And she's embracing clean, minimalism. Read here to take a little look-see into her concert the other night. 

Please let me know in the comments if minimalism has made its way onto your rack! Or let me know your favorite images from the set. Off to a shoot soon, hope we get some great shots that I can show you later.

Enjoy your saturday!

xoxo,
Ben Green





9 comments:

  1. I'm ALL about this look!! It literally screams LORDE and once I saw her picture I was like "YES! 10 points for me" hahaha. It's so clean and sharp; very hyper-masculine, but looks so elegant... I think it could be because it's styled mono-chromatically? Either way, I've also been noticing a lot of change in my closet in that there are a lot more menswear now, but it doesn't necessarily scream "men section " you know? Is that what this article is about?

    P.S. Congrats on going to NYC! Manhattan, right? I was accepted into my dream school there, Queens College, but due to some complications I had to make a compromise and will probably end up there in 2 years or so! I would have loved for us to be roommates. I think we would have gotten along really well as friends!! But anyway, I wish you the very best luck there!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Lorde is so out of this world. I just had to include her in this. Absolutely, not screaming mens SECTION, but definitely featuring menswear pieces. That is exactly what I'm talking about!

      I hope you end up at your dream school soon! Hard work and positive thinking ;)

      Thank you so much!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure you're my soulmate. These images are perfection, and coincidentally exactly the sort of things that inspire me. There is something magical and inspiring about a clean and minimal apartment. I guess it leaves more room for the inter-workings of the mind to take up residence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dustin. You are so great. So glad that you like the post and gosh those minimal rooms are just, everything.

      Your writing is beautiful.

      Thanks for stopping by and I hope you stick around and let me know what you think of all the content!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Ben I must admit, you are EXTREMELY good and talented at writing, I noticed that a while ago and you prove it every time you write. Is a pleasure to read everything you wrote.
    P.S you have so many talents. Love you, Ana! XO











    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana! Thank you so much for your continual support, I always notice your activity on my sites. So thank you! Please stick around and let me know what you are thinking of the content.

      Thank you so much for your kind words about my writing. That means so much to me. I love writing so it is wonderful to hear that it is actually something of quality.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. For your apartment, I absolutely LOVE the idea of "experimental plants" and stuff in beakers, graduated cylinders, and other glass jars. It's gives the impression of a natural lab or something "in progress" and therefore would give your apartment a sense of variety. I don't know why but I was drawn to that picture in this group.

    It's been amazing seeing you come up from your oldest videos before the "Yes I Am a Boy" speech. You give me so much inspiration on a daily basis. I am so happy for you and your GIANT step toward a more professional lifestyle. I will definitely be one of the many followers continuing to learn from your absolutely BEAUTIFUL creations and ideas. xoxoxo - Mandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this! It means the world to me that you support my professional endeavors. You are a wonderful reader and I hope you stick around.

      I too absolutely LOVE the beaker idea or herbs and plants! Such an interesting way to decorate and incorporate nature.

      xoxo,
      Ben Green

      Delete
  5. I love your posts !
    You inspire me so much..
    All these photos are so stimulating and just thrive me to want to create something beautiful !
    The photos of the plants and the bleach blonde hair just intrigues me !

    Also,
    I agree with you on the menswear subject.
    They are finally starting to get tighter fitting sizes and more variety for men which is nice for those of us trying to venture into more exciting styles !

    I'm excited to see what you do to your new apartment,
    Keep us updated, before & aftersss :)

    ReplyDelete